SRI: Procuring Security Toolkit
Previous research showed that the procurement process used for purchasing security goods and services does not always work to the benefit of the buyer and/or supplier. We identified that much could be gained from a research study drawing on the experiences of those engaged in the procurement process. This research allowed us to identify ways to overcome potential problems as well as highlighting good practice examples.
Our toolkit is based on 7 key principles:
1. Security focused – all examples are exclusively security related.
2. Wide relevance – whether you are new to security procurement or an established expert this toolkit will be informative and relevant.
3. Accessibility – each section of the toolkit is self-contained, dip in and out to find the sections immediately relevant to you.
4. Essential information – this toolkit covers the essentials, giving you a streamlined view, there is always more to read in this constantly developing field.
5. Flexibility – this toolkit is derived from a number of practices and the content is aimed at providing practical advice. As such it does not strictly advocate any one approach.
6. Core content – this toolkit explains which processes are important and necessary and why, giving you advice on how to conduct them to give you the best advantages.
7. Originality – this toolkit is primarily based on original research conducted with buyers and suppliers operating in the security sphere.
This toolkit provides specific tips, case studies, proformas, and a whole range of ‘dos and don’ts’ on such varied subjects as ‘making the most of the site visits’ to ‘creating innovation’ and ‘assessing tenders’.
You can download the Security Strategy Toolkit and examples free below.
Download Procuring Security Toolkit
Download Procuring Security Toolkit Examples
This content is restricted to members only. If you are an existing user, please login. New users can register below for free in order to gain exclusive access to all of our available reports, toolkits and receive our monthly newsletter.